Our collective advocacy worked! As part of the existing California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program for businesses and nonprofits, CAM, California Arts Advocates, and other champions secured $50 million specifically for nonprofit cultural institutions.
Round 8, the next round of the Arts & Culture Program, will support eligible cultural institutions in California defined as registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities that satisfy the criteria for a qualified small business, but with no limitation on annual gross revenue. Round 4 awarded over $36 Million to nonprofit cultural institutions in the spring of 2021. Round 8 is a continuation of the Arts & Culture program and only available to organizations who did not apply in earlier rounds of the program.
CAM is, once again, partnering with grant administrators to provide program information and technical assistance to museums across the state. To support museums in applying, CAM is offering live and recorded webinars, a hotline, and answers to frequently asked questions. See below to learn more about eligibility and resources available to support your organization's application efforts. We are here to help!
August 27, 2021 – ROUND 8 OPENS
September 30, 2021 – ROUND 8 CLOSES (5PM) *
*This is a new extended deadline
- Nonprofit cultural institutions registered as 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities
- Minimum gross revenue of $1,000
- Did not receive funding in prior rounds of CA Relief Grants
- Began operations prior to June 1, 2019
- Organizations with specific NAICS Codes (North American Industry Classification System)
- Organizations who have not received funding through any of the previous rounds of funding for the California Small Business Covid-10 Relief Grant Program.
- If you applied in prior rounds for CA Relief Grant, and have not received funding in any prior rounds, you MUST apply for Round 8 which is specifically designated for cultural institutions. Applications from prior rounds do not roll over for Round 8.
APPLICATION SUPPORT FOR MUSEUMS
As a partner with the grant administering entity, Lendistry, CAM is committed to assisting as many museums as possible with the grant application. All applications will be completed on the Lendistry web platform. Unlike grant applications that most museums are accustomed to writing, this application is more technical and similar to filling out a loan application.
Check out what you need to prepare and how to apply using the Lendistry online application portal. The application will show the program is closed until the application window opens on Friday, August 27th.
CAM, in collaboration with Californians for the Arts, will host free webinars to help organizations prepare for a successful Round 8 application. Webinars will walk you through the application process, required documents, and tips for a successful application. We strongly suggest attending a webinar if you are considering applying.
Check out a Previously Recorded Webinar (FREE)
CAM RELIEF GRANT HOTLINE AND EMAIL
Still struggling? Let us help. If after attending or watching a webinar you still feel stuck, drop us a phone call or email and we can make time to meet with you individually.