Art Preparator I
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Los Angeles, California
Reporting to the API Manager, Exhibitions, the Art Preparator I executes work related to LACMA’s extensive and diverse art programs: exhibitions, permanent collections, and outgoing and incoming loans. Installs and maintains permanent galleries, special and temporary exhibition spaces, and art storage areas. Uses appropriate materials, equipment, and methods to display, store, pack and transport works of art. Executes the unpacking/packing, installation, disassembly, and storage of works of art, and associated materials for permanent and special exhibition galleries.
- 1-3 years related experience
- License to operate a variety of vehicles and forklifts
- Familiar with art object handling, installation, packing and crating
- Competent in woodworking, cabinetry, metalworking, plastics, painting or decorative finishes, general construction, and/or use of rigging
- Strong hand-eye coordination, spatial awareness, reasoning, large and small motor skills, and sensitivity to and understanding of materials
- Proficient with Gmail/Google Apps
The expected hourly rate: $22.90 - $23.50, plus benefits
Learn more and apply.