Getty Research Institute
Los Angeles, California
This full-time position is primarily in charge of the examination and treatment of paper-based artifacts in preparation for exhibitions. The Associate Paper Conservator will participate in the planning and installation of exhibitions, provide input into the exhibition process and may contribute research and writing in preparation for exhibition didactics and catalogues.
- MA in conservation or equivalent degree
- 5-7 years' experience in conservation
- Perform conservation treatments to highest current standards, and to prepare comprehensive conservation documentation of objects' condition and conservation activities.
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of standards for handling, storage, installation, packing and shipping of collections.
- Advise curators, archivists and other staff on conservation matters.
- Publish and present their research and may also do outreach and education to general audiences.
- Supervise interns, provide training to staff, interns, professionals and the general public as needed.
Learn more and apply.