Director of Public Programs
Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, California
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a Director of Public Programs. This position will report to the Executive Vice President and partner with the senior leadership team to further position the Skirball as a warm, welcoming, and special place and a preeminent thought leader, convener, and justice-centered arts and culture organization. This impactful role will lead interdisciplinary adult programs in the areas of film, music, theater, dance, performing, food, exhibition-related programs, and literary arts, as well as classes and workshops. All public programming will support the Skirball’s mission and values. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop innovative, creative, socially relevant, and distinguished programs attracting a wide array of visitor and diverse audiences.
- Develop and deliver programs in a variety of formats and distribution channels (e.g., classes, concerts, conferences, lectures, media coverage, mobile technology, publications, social media, tours, and workshops).
- Oversee program content development to ensure that information is conveyed in a manner relevant and accessible to a diverse audience.
- Evaluate program components for trends and recommends revisions or new programs to meet projected goals; utilize data and metrics to assess and determine the direction and impact of programs.
- Plan and implement audience studies, focus groups, visitor surveys, and other methods of data collection for use in planning public programs.
- Summarize data and prepare reports on visitor attendance, demographics, and experiences.