Exhibit Experience Development Intern (Paid, Part-Time)
Oakland Museum of California
The Experience Development Intern will support the research, development and implementation of in-gallery visitor experiences such as object interpretation, interactive exhibits and visitor-contributed content opportunities.
You will learn about the planning and development of museum exhibits, including:
- The phases of the development and design process
- Strategies for meeting the needs of different types of learners and audiences, including ADA guidelines and interpretive approaches for informal learning environments
- Strategies for interpreting art, history and natural science information to museum visitors in creative and engaging ways
You will gain direct experience in:
- Providing assistance with experience development projects including object, prop, image and media research, and testing exhibit prototypes
- Considering visitors of different ages, interests and abilities, and strategies for meeting their needs
- Exhibit Interpretive Plans; writing exhibit descriptions and experience briefs
Paid, part-time, internship starting 6/17/19, Deadline to apply: 2/22/19.
Apply & Learn More: http://museumca.org/internships