General Counsel and Secretary
Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, California
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a General Counsel and Secretary and committed leader to partner in positioning the Skirball as a preeminent thought leader, convener, and justice-centered arts and culture organization. This is a newly created position at the Skirball Cultural Center, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and serving as a key partner to the Executive Vice President (EVP). The General Counsel will serve as a strategic thought partner and legal advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team and develop and manage the legal and governance framework to support the Skirball’s mission, values, culture, and overall organizational effectiveness. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
Organizational Strategy and Leadership
- Partner with the CEO and EVP to define the organizational priorities and develop a comprehensive strategic plan to advance the overall mission, values, and objectives of the Skirball.
- Translate the organization’s strategic priorities into a legal, risk, governance, and human resources strategy to support the Skirball’s growth and evolution.
- Advise the management, board, and staff on all legal matters, including tax, governance, intellectual property, litigation, labor, employment, and other regulatory and legal issues.
- In collaboration with the CEO and EVP, lead the implementation of the Skirball’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with respect to human resources and internal policies.
- Serve as the organization’s strategic leader in government relations.