Museum Attendant (Part-Time)
Ontario Museum of History and Art
The Ontario Museum of History & Art has an excellent part-time opportunity for those interested in gaining hands-on experience in the Museum field. As a Museum Attendant, the candidate will assist with the day-to-day operations and gain invaluable communication skills through vital interactions with the public, patrons, City employees, and officials.
The ideal candidate will be hospitality-oriented with strong people skills, demonstrate sound judgment, have an interest in museums and/or history, and will be a role model for the City's Approach to Public Service.
The essential functions typically performed may include the following:
- Opens the museum at a scheduled time; locks and secures the museum at a scheduled closing time.
- Welcomes visitors and maintains visitor log.
- Answers Museum's main phone.
- Registers participants for upcoming events.
- Answers questions regarding activity schedules, exhibit details, and museum functions.
- Provides information and assistance for visitors in case of an emergency.
Pay Range: $16.14 - $20.16 Hourly
Learn more and apply