Registration Intern (Paid, Part-Time)
Oakland Museum of California
The Registration Intern will support the registration department with cataloging, accessioning, loans, collections documentation, imaging, as well as object handling and data reconciliation. You will gain familiarity with CollectionSpace (OMCA’s collections management system). The position will work closely with OMCA registrars to learn best practices and museum standards in collections management and registration. You will get hands-on experience in the areas of museum artifact handling, storage practice, and collections preservation. You will also have the opportunity to work with curatorial and conservation staff.
You will learn about and gain direct experience with the following:
- Creating and editing digital catalog records
- Tracking and updating object locations
- Object handling and re-housing collection objects in archival housing
- Organizing registration documentation
- Photographing and imaging collections objects
- Possible enrichment opportunities with exhibitions and outgoing loans
Paid, part-time, internship starting 6/17/19, Deadline to apply: 2/22/19.
Apply & Learn More: http://museumca.org/internships