GETTY MARROW UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIPS
Fellowship and scholarship opportunities for the next conference have not yet been announced. Opportunities typically include Getty Scholarships and CAM Fellowships (which also include a scholarship to attend the conference). Funding for this program is supported by:
Since its founding in 1993, the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship (formerly the Getty Multicultural Undergraduate Internship or MUI) program has supported 3,200 undergraduates, exposing these students to career possibilities in the arts at 161 museums and visual arts organizations in Los Angeles County.
To qualify for a Getty Scholarship and a CAM Fellowship, you must meet ALL of the following eligibility requirements:
1. be an alum of the Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship program
2. be working in the museum field AND/OR be enrolled in a related graduate program
3. commit to completing a post-conference evaluation form
CAM FELLOWSHIPS FOR ALUMNI OF THE GETTY MARROW UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
In addition to supporting Getty Scholarships, The Getty Foundation is supporting up to five CAM Fellows. The requirements of a CAM Fellowship include: 1) writing one case study for publication online and in CAM e-News; and, 2) facilitating a Lunch & Learn online webinar. The written case study and webinar will both relate to a learning experience (session, workshop, etc.) of the recipient's choice presented at the CAM 2020 conference, and the CAM Fellow will collaborate with a speaker from that presentation to complete the project. All CAM Fellows will receive a Getty Scholarship to attend CAM 2020 with all the benefits listed above, in addition to a $500 Fellowship stipend for their case study project (to be granted upon completion of the project).
In addition to the criteria mentioned above for Getty Scholarship qualification, applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a CAM Fellowship:
1. be a current graduate student or recent graduate (within 18 months) in a museum-related field AND/OR a new professional with less than five years work or volunteer experience in one or more museum
2. have excellent writing and collaborative skills
3. be able to adhere to the timeline and responsibilities of a CAM Fellowship
4. hold a Bachelor’s Degree
5. be a current California resident